It’s Fundraising Friday! Today’s focus is on letter writing. Letters can expand your donor base to people you may not see on a regular basis. A great way to start is to grab your holiday card list or your wedding invitee list and begin writing!
If writing your own letter, use these tips:
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your letter (your address, not ours).
- State your fundraising goal.
- Provide a description of MS and/or tell your story – show your passion for our mission.
- Consider adding suggested donation amounts (e.g. $50, $75, or $100) to your letter.
- Ask donors to make checks payable to the National MS Society and include your name and “Challenge Walk” in the memo line.
- State where the money goes (MS research, programs, services, and advocacy).
- Send thank-you notes as soon as people donate.
We have sample fundraising letters available on our website for your convenience. Check out www.challengeMS.org and click on the “Fundraising Tools” tab to access these samples.